Help us Create a Safe Place for Moms and Kids…
The Year of the Children – 2015
Homeless kids on the street break your heart. Without a home, without a bed, without protection, without a smile….their hearts are broken too. Reynolds Home wants to give them back their hearts. Kids are the absolute reason why Reynolds Home exists: making kids safe, helping moms to know how to keep them safe and make a family wherever they go. This is how we remake hearts, theirs and ours.
Reynolds Home is a private non-profit shelter located in El Paso, Texas. A two-story farmhouse, built in 1926 and owned by Dr. and Mrs. William Reynolds, was inherited by their daughter, Virginia Tullius in 1990. She and her husband, Raymond, and twelve children were already accustomed to making room and welcoming into their own home families in crisis. So began Reynolds Home as a shelter for homeless children and their mothers.
Members of the Reynolds-Tullius Family have continued to invest themselves since then, creating many opportunities and options for homeless persons, which has formed the backbone of current efforts to prevent and relieve homelessness in the city. Reynolds Home is celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2015 with the more than 700 women and 1700 children, who were welcomed and helped to move beyond the crises which forced them out of their own homes.
The mission of the Reynolds Home is to provide shelter, security and basic services to women that teach and encourage mothers to cherish and respect their own dignity and to build on their own strengths which enables them to provide independently for themselves and their children.
A shelter for homeless women and children
El Paso County is among the top five counties in Texas with the highest number of domestic violence deaths last year (Honoring Texas Victims Report, 2014).
Services we offer
Over the past 25 years, Reynolds Home Program volunteers and salaried staff have worked with women to ensure that they move toward economic stability.
Needs and Wishes
Critical Items (Always Needed)
- Bus Tokens
- Toiletries for the Women and Children
- Laundry Detergent / Bleach
- Cleaning Supplies / garbage bags / paper towels
- Diapers (sizes 3, 4, 5 & 6)
- Brooms / mops
- Plant flowers to beautify the shelter
- Need Lighting in Back Yard
- Replace Broken Front Gate
- Run Electricity to Remote Garage
- Repair Rock Wall Around Facility
Handyman and Repair Help
- Install Double Pane Windows in Upstairs Bedrooms
- Replace Broken Window in Bed Room
- Make downstairs Bathroom Handicap Accessible—Complete Remodel
- Install Speakers in Patio Area
- Bicycle Angels to keep Bicycles in Working Condition
- Event Planning Volunteers
- Job options for women